Having a little one makes me extra careful with what I have in the house. One way of child-proofing our home is mounting our flat panel tv on the wall. Flat panel tv's are lighter than tube tv's which makes it easy for a child to tip over and it becomes a household hazard. I just want to share with you these statistics from 2011 Consumer Product Safety Commission Report on Flat Panel TV's.
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured tv
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a tv tip-over injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities resulted from tv tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from tv tip-overs.
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
Another illustration on how important property mounting of flat panel tv.
When SANUS reached out to me in joining their efforts and advocate the safety of mounting a flat panel TV, I didn't hesitate. I'm so delighted to be part of a campaign that promotes safety to kids.
SANUS wants one of Delightful Ideas readers a chance to win a flat panel SANUS TV Vuepoint Mount F180. The winner of this giveaway will be able to choose a mount that fits their tv. Please note: this doens't include actual installation however SANUS gives you all you need to mount your tv yourself. This giveaway is open to US Residents only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was provided a sample of this product for review. I didn't received any monetary compensation for this post. All opinions expressed are my own. Giveaways are not affliated with or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+. Must be 18 or older to win.